Thursday 30 June 2011

LIFE OUTSIDE SOCIAL NETWORKS

Despite having received several invitations to join facebook, I always felt (and still do) reluctant to join any social network. It might be a bit like being an outsider but I just find there are other ways to keep in touch. I don't think I need more passwords, more time to configure a profile and I don't think typing short messages is really useful. Express communication, wanting something now, reporting all daily life events, no matter if people might or might not care about it. Is any piece of information really information? Why do we end up giving so much importance to the self, profiles and what we might like and do?

Where did that "analogical" world go? the time when when we could life without cell phones, the time when we didn't need profiles to label ourselves in a jungle of information, the time when people wasn't that virtual...

No comments: