Thursday 23 February 2006

wiiiiild horses

Sometimes I wonder whether people appearing in pictures in textbooks do exist or not. That happens to me especially when names are given. I think I can say that those people are real. Some courses of German ago, the word Pferdepfleger appeared and it would never (not yet) leave my mind. And there was a picture of a man taking care of horses, whose name I have neither forgotten: Hans Draga. Hans Draga, der Pferdepfleger!! I like this word indeed and the man (there was a picture in the textbook and in the workbook!!) seemed to be a nice person.

On Sunday the Pferdepfleger word and Hans Draga came to my mind again because a friend of mine (Masa) told me about some dream he had years ago about some Mongolian horse. Masa and I happened to be thinking at the same time about Mongolia...he had been reading those tales trying to find something about his dream ...I’ve not read Mongolian tales but I’ve been reading about other issues related to Mongolia (ah! i must say that none of us knew that the other one, thousands of kilometres away was thinking about something related to Mongolia) ...and besides I, logically, associate horses with Mongolia and Mongolia with horses, even though I’m not affected by any kind of horse-virusSuddenly I felt like looking for info on the net about the existence of that Hans Draga. It’s not a common name, I’d say and it’s not likely that if there are many Hans Draga, they have something to do with horses. And I found out that Hans Draga existed!!! Yes!!! But no new pics of that man...but the discovery of horse lovers and something oddly named “Pferdevirus”...which sounds basically negative.

Well, something else. “Wild horses” is one of my favourite songs by Mazzy Star.

No comments: